Sunday, January 20, 2013

Babe Ruth.

I love the game of baseball. Growing up with 6 brothers probably helped fuel this passion of mine. So that's my disclaimer for this post...

Sometimes you get thrown a curveball sometimes you hit it and sometimes you don't and you strike out. But remember you can always come back (usually 2 innings later) for another shot at it. Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

This happened this weekend. Life threw a curveball and I struck out but I can't stay in the dugout. It's time for me to get back up to the plate and be a willing participant in the game. This might seem cheesy and not very girly but it works for me and helps me continue to move forward.

Striking out sucks but the joy of hitting a home run can outweigh the heartache of the countless no hit games you have played. Excited to see where life takes me and when I get to hit my home run.

No comments:

Post a Comment