Thursday, August 8, 2013

Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.


"No amount of hours in the classroom at a Bible college or years of summer interning at a church can prepare you for the real burden of living ministry..."

This quote came to me the other night driving home from a show that failed miserably, I was feeling very alone and under appreciated in ministry and needing supernatural wisdom for a student.

Ministry is HARD. Ministry HURTS. Ministry SUCKS.

BUT

Ministry is IMPORTANT. Ministry is NECESSARY. and Ministry WORKS.

Be Jesus when its hard. Be Jesus when it hurts. Be Jesus when it sucks.

I had no desire to be a leader and show up at church on Wednesday. I wanted a night off. I wanted to stay home and do NOTHING. I wanted to be on vacation with my parents in Yellowstone. And then these words were sung.

"Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise,
Thou my inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art."

Its not about us always feeling "good, excellent, or great" its about a high calling that's been placed on us. Its about a vision from the Ruler of all.

"Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all."


No comments:

Post a Comment