Saturday, October 19, 2013

a little game of catch up...


         





  Well the last month and a half or so has been way too busy for my liking and therefore the first thing to be neglected is the blogging community. I really hate that and want to get better at making it a priority and not letting it go so long without checking in.


So for now let's play a little game of catch up on Courtnie's crazy life. Here is a review of my life as I've seen it since the last blog post....

- I won an award at work in Quarter 2. I was among the top 20 performers in the SE Kansas/MO division! My award was hand delivered to me by the Community Banking Regional President himself which was kinda a cool deal!




- Spent some time with the Duke man...

                             


- Had some fireside chats with cigars and friends!




















- Of course there were several treasure hunting excursions!


- I became a little bit of a red head!





- I got a promotion at work which caused me to move to another branch (closer to my house) but I truly do miss the people I worked with they became a family and I love them.




- And then became my whirlwind of weekends....

------Weekend One: I drove to KC got on a plane and headed towards Denver, Colorado to surprise my mom. My dad and I had this trip planned and it was soooooo hard keeping it from my mom since we tell each other everything! But the trip was a blast and a great vacation! We got to go to TWO baseball games and I got to see my DBacks play and win both games!!! Also explored the city all on foot! I absolutely love the city of Denver! I also was able to see my sweet friend Rachel and meet her sweet little guy Weston who I am just in love with!


              





-The in-between: I got hooked on Sonic's Ocean Water, Duke turned 2!!!! (Oct. 3rd), and Solace hosted NORMA JEAN!!!




     



------Weekend Two: The night of the Norma Jean show right after it was over, we packed up and we headed to Pittsburgh, PA for the celebration of one of my best friend's Amber and Dylan's wedding! This is was crazy short trip and a whole lot of road time but it was waaaaaay worth it!



        3 Days, 73 hours round trip, 35 hours of riding/driving, 7 states, 2129 miles, 22 hours of sleep, A half of can of dry shampoo, 1 beautiful wedding, and even more beautiful fellowship and memories with so many wonderful friends!










 




































































-----Weekend Three: Celebration number 2 for Amber and Dylan JOMO style! Since Amber is from here there had to be a celebration here for family and friends who couldn't make it out to the wedding. I am so happy for my friends and for their new life and journey they have started together!












And now we are all caught up! This is weekend number four.

Today I pre-registered for my first 5k (WHAT?!?). Couch to 5k here I come! Its the Run and Dye 5k and I think its going to be a blast. There isn't a date yet but it will be Spring of 2014 so there's plenty of time to prepare! Lindsy you're my inspiration for this! I can do this right?!?







Oh and Chicago Fire, Nashville and Sons of Anarchy have all started back up!

       
                                               
         
   


                                                             Thanks for reading!
                                                                                   xoxo




1 comment: