Sunday, March 24, 2013

snow.

"Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord; though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are like crimson, they shall become like wool." Isaiah 1:18 ESV

For those of you who know me personally, you will know that I am not a fan of snow! I hate being cold and driving in it scares the crap out of me! I hate Winter because that means snow. But here we are in March and into Spring and we are getting about 3 inches of snow and we had a sleet storm last week blah blah blah. I am SO over Old Man Winter!

However, with all of that being said, I think that snow is beautiful! There is certainly something about it that is calming and peaceful. I was driving to lunch after church this morning and passed our old Solace building where the fire destroyed the neighboring buildings and the destruction was covered in snow and though there was destruction and chaos with debris there was a peace/a beauty about it. And then driving further down Main St. I passed through what is still nothingness because of the tornado and all I saw was beauty because of the snowfall. God directed my thoughts from there to the verse that I quoted at the beginning of this post. Guys how beautiful is it to think about that vivid picture of being white as snow?! Our lives are full of scarlet, crimson and HE makes us white as snow! He brings us peace though destruction! I was so blessed with this beautiful picture today and just reminded to allow Him to cover me, to allow him to bring peace and wash away the sin and chaos. So I guess snow isn't awful but I still don't like driving in it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment